S'mores are probably one of my all-time favorite summer treats.
So when I was looking for some sweet snack ideas to take to my nephew's birthday party on the 4th of July, I couldn't resist trying to create my own version of S'mores popcorn.
If you search "s'mores popcorn" on Pinterest, you'll find quite a few versions of this sweet treat. I didn't have all of the ingredients some of them called for (or didn't want to do all the steps of others), so I made it up as I went.
Here's what I did:
- Popped a bag of plain microwave popcorn (the non-butter kind) and let it cool in a large bowl.
- Crushed 4-6 graham cracker squares into fine pieces (could have used more or crushed them less fine for "chunky pieces").
- Melted 4 squares of Almond Bark in the microwave until smooth.
- Poured the melted Almond Bark over the popcorn and mixed. I stirred it a couple of times and then dumped it into a 9x13 brownie pan so I could get it evenly coated.
- Added a cup and a half of mini marshmallows and a cup of chocolate chips to the popcorn.
- Stirred it together and spread it out on wax paper to cool.
This is what I got...
I actually made two bags of popcorn so once I tasted the first batch, I made another one!
I put it in these cute patriotic paper dishes and took it to my sister's.
It was a huge hit. I do suggest that you store leftovers in an air-tight container because I left the lid slightly ajar overnight and the popcorn got a bit stale. It was still good the second day!