Since I am not as on top of my blog posts as I planned to be, I decided to do some RANDOM POSTING!!!
1. Anyone get the iCarly reference above? I know I probably shouldn't admit this but even as I type iCarly is on my television. I just enjoy the witty dialogue and physical humor of the pre-teen sitcom. I've actually had in-depth conversations with a co-worker who is also a closet iCarly fan (she has 3 boys so you know she shouldn't be exposed). We are seriously contemplating tickets to see Miranda Cosgrove (i.e. Carly) when she comes to Indy soon. Maybe I should have asked for this for Christmas...
2. Speaking of coworkers, I just LOVE my coworkers, especially those who share my love of pre-teen sitcoms, the Sound of Music and cheesy reality shows. Though I can't convince them that Storage Wars is the NEW Parking Wars!
3. Have I ever told you my middle name? It is NOT Grace...though my dad claims that it should be. I am definitely NOT graceful. I'm always running into doorways, tripping over my own feet and hitting my head (especially on the STUPID old-fashioned phone my parents hung by the back door). On Christmas Eve, I proved just how graceful I am and had no one to witness. I fell down my stairs in a blaze of glory...think windmilling arms and a scream worthy of a little girl. Luckily, I wasn't hurt (a bag of Gap returns broke my fall) except for my pride!
4. I bought my first little black dress in almost 10 years earlier this week! Actually I bought two...couldn't decide and they were both very reasonable in price. Then I bought a gray one, just in case I'm not really in love with the other two. I'm very excited to wear one of them to a dear friend's wedding on 1-1-11...isn't that a cool wedding date?
5. Are you one of those people who don't like getting practical gifts for Christmas or your birthday? I'm NOT. If I need a vacuum, then get me one if my birthday is soon. This year I got two very practical gifts...
I was totally excited about both. I also got another wonderful gift from my dad that I'll be blogging about soon.
6. My life has turned into "is this something I can blog about." Has yours? I can't believe how many times I do something silly or stupid or funny or cute and think to myself "I should blog about it." But, it's really bad when I'm sitting on the examination table with a cup to my ear and the nurse flushing warm water in my ears and I'm thinking "I wish I had my camera!"
That's what happened today. I went to the doctor because I have a cold that isn't getting better and I don't want to start traveling next week with it. Instead of telling me I have sinus congestion, the nurse practitioner told me that my ears are full of wax (duh...I haven't been able to hear out of my left ear for like a year) and tells me she's going to flush them. I won't go into details, but WOW let's just say there could have been a comparison to what was in my ears and a head of a Lego man...I said too much, huh?
7. Did you hear that? I know, I did too! I can't believe how much better I can hear with two good ears! My Corolla is way louder than I remembered. The keys on my laptop are way loud...or I just type too hard. And I can now have a conversation with someone standing on my left side without constantly, saying "Excuse me" or just nodding and having NO idea what they are saying!
8. I made THE BREAD tonight...have you heard about THE BREAD? I read about it on The Pioneer Woman (of course) and just had to try it. Since it only uses two ingredients - butter and bread - I figured I could handle it, unlike the cinnamon rolls that I'm still too intimidated to try.
I thought about photos when I started prepping the bread and got one of the Italian Bread loaf I cut in half...
But then forgot to take anymore until after supper...here's what was left after my parents, sister, brother-in-law, nephew and I ate my mom's famous cheesy ham and potato casserole (yeah for Christmas ham leftovers) and THE BREAD.
I was supposed to use a stick of butter on EACH side of the bread but I chickened out and only used one and three-fourths sticks of butter. I can't imagine how much better it would have been with that extra butter! It was some serious goodness. Though my dad claims that I am trying to push him into a second heart attack...I swear I'm not.
Well, that's it for RANDOM POSTING...wait a minute I just saw the blonde guy from Glee (you know the new guy) on iCarly! See I told you it's a cool show!