I'm feeling a bit random today so stick with me here...
1. I watched two movies over the weekend that I had recorded on my DVR during a free HBO/Showtime weekend. They both disappointed me so I turned to a movie that ALWAYS makes me laugh...
"To the windows, to the walls..." Sing with me girls!
What's your go-to movie?
2. This Facebook post almost made me laugh out loud during a meeting this morning!
If you don't "like" himyf on Facebook, check her out. What are you waiting for, go now! Be sure to check out her blog too.
3. When is it time to switch from an over-the-counter PM medication to a prescription option? Excederin PM has been the only thing that's kept me asleep for the last week and I'm worried that I may soon grow immune to its power! Right now, I'm writing this post about 30 minutes after taking two tablets...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - just kidding!
4. Watching my nephews trip and fall over NOTHING - multiple times - this weekend, I realized that lack of grace may just be genetic! The joke when I was growing up was that my middle name was definitely NOT Grace.
In less than 3 hours on Monday, I tripped over a large ottoman that was sitting in the middle of my living room AND ran into a closed door at the office. In my defense, I was in the dark on both occasions, but I should have known better.
5. Did you know that Milwaukee has an area called "old town" (I think) that has several German-style bars and restaurants? They even have their own version of the famous Hofbrauhaus in Munich.
Once I saw this, I immediately called my dad who told me that I had to go in and see if they had the dark beer that he enjoyed so much when we visited the real Hofbrauhaus in Germany earlier this year. Check out more about our afternoon in Munich, including beef and pretzels, here. BTW, I didn't go in. I was by myself and a girl just doesn't hang out in a German-style bar on her own.
6. Nothing makes a girl feel more on display than sitting in a restaurant alone with not one, but TWO beers in front of her. While in Milwaukee for business last week, I ate at a very nice restaurant and decided to order a Spotted Cow - a Wisconsin brew - with my dinner. It was 2 for 1 night and the waiter brought me BOTH beers at the same time.
No worries, I drank both of them and by the end of the meal, I wasn't feeling like a loser any more! Also, I didn't need my Excederin PM that night.
Thanks for joining me for another of my rambling, random posts!